What are Amniotic Stem Cell Injections?
Millions of patients suffer from joint pain. The options for treatment until now, have been limited to physical therapy, steroid injections, viscosupplementation injections, or joint replacement surgery. Northeast Spine & Wellness Center offers a cutting edge treatment called amniotic membrane stem cell injections. Amniotic membrane stem cell injections may be used to successfully treat patients with knee osteoarthritis and other joint issues when other conventional treatments have failed.
How Do Amniotic Membrane Stem Cell Injections Work?
Amniotic stem cell injections offer the ability to heal damaged tissue naturally. With amniotic stem cell therapy, stem cells from amniotic tissues are injected directly into your knee. These stem cells have strong anti-inflammatory properties. However, stem cell therapy goes far beyond the benefits of standard “injection therapy.” While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in amniotic stem cells may replace damaged cells in your body. Additionally, stem cell injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, easing the pain and helping restore mobility. We also use precision guided fluoroscopy to ensure the stem cells are injected into exactly the right location. For optimal results.
What Benefits Does Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy Offer?
• Amniotic stem cells contain no steroids. Instead, the injections rely on naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agents, such as cytokines.
• Amniotic stem cells contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates cartilage and promotes new cartilage growth.
• Amniotic stem cells contain growth factors, which stimulate tissue growth.
• With amniotic stem cells, there is no threat of patient rejection.
• Lastly, amniotic fluid is a highly concentrated source of stem cells, which makes this type of stem cell injection preferable over embryonic stem cells and the patient’s own stem cells (from fat or bone marrow).
Are Amniotic Stem Cell Injections Safe?
Yes, more than 10,000 injections have been performed without a single reported adverse side effect.
• Amniotic stem cell therapy is a preferred type of stem cell therapy because the cells come from an immunoprivileged site, which means that patient rejection is extremely rare.
• The use of amniotic stem cells is well researched, safe, and effective. Amniotic stem cells have been used by ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons for about 20 years.
• All amniotic stem cell donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Am I a Candidate For Stem Cell Therapy?
Patients suffering with joint pain due to arthritis may be considered as candidates for amniotic stem cell therapy. Regenerative medicine is growing in popularity and is helping more and more people live with less pain and suffering. If you have already tried conventional treatments and are looking for another safe and effective option, consider amniotic stem cell therapy.
Call to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors to determine if amniotic stem cell therapy is right for you.
People who want viable alternatives or haven’t responded to conventional therapies should consider a stem cell approach before turning to invasive surgeries or long-term drug treatments. At Northeast Spine & Wellness Center, we provide the latest cutting-edge treatments, including amniotic stem cell injections.
What is Amniotic Stem Cell Treatment?
Amniotic stem cell treatment consists of an injection into the affected area. This therapy is specifically designed to change the course of your condition. It strives to correct the root cause of the problem and not just merely provide symptom relief or cover up pain. This treatment has significant potential for pain sufferers, successfully treating patients with degenerative arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendonitis, and more. Indeed, it has the potential to correct damaged tissues and structural problems while treating pain and inflammation.
Amniotic stem cells can be in pregnant women — they are in the amniotic fluid of the uterus. These cells are considered pluripotent. This means they have the capability to differentiate into various kinds of cell lines, so they’re useful in a variety of situations in different parts of the body.
How is Amniotic Fluid Obtained?
Acquiring amniotic derived stem cells for treatment is a simple process. The fluid is collected from women who undergo a scheduled c-section. This is not a harmful intervention, and the amniotic fluid is typically discarded after the c-section procedure.
Once the fluid is collected and processed, the amniotic derived stem cells are isolated and removed. The processing of this material is done at an FDA-regulated laboratory to ensure sterility and compliance with regulations.
Why Use Amniotic Stem Cells?
Amniotic fluid has unique properties that enhance the repair and regeneration of tissues. They also have anti-inflammatory effects, which help with pain relief, treating the pain precisely at the source of the problem.
These stem cells also contain growth factors, natural substances that assist with new tissue growth. Additionally, growth factors trigger the amniotic stem cells to function correctly. A natural compound called hyaluronic acid is also found in high levels in amniotic fluid. Hyaluronic acid can provide lubrication around existing cartilage and trigger the growth of new cartilage.
Amniotic fluid contains the highest concentration of stem cells in the body — it has far more than bone marrow or fat. They are also non-allergenic, so they don’t cause a rejection reaction in the recipient.
How Are Stem Cell Injections Used?
The processed amniotic stem cells are injected into the afflicted area. They are helpful for patients with chronic spine and joint pain problems. The injections are minimally invasive — much less so than surgery. Infection risk is minimal, and the potential benefits are many. We use this innovative amniotic stem cell therapy at Northeast Spine & Wellness Center.
Northeast Spine & Wellness Center is set apart by:
- Top doctors and practitioners: We are experts in pain management and anesthesiology
- A multidisciplinary approach: We frequently collaborate with experts in other disciplines to provide a “whole patient” approach
- Compassionate care: We are committed to helping you reduce pain, use medication minimally and appropriately, and avoid unwanted side effects and surgeries
To find out more about how amniotic stem cell injections can help your painful condition, contact us today!