Physical therapy is a branch of physical rehabilitation medicine that deals with the preservation, enhancement and restoration of the neuromusculoskeletal system and the associated articulations of the human body. Through various non-invasive interventional activities and therapies, musculoskeletal dysfunctions are corrected to facilitate the restoration of optimum function and quality of life.
At Northeast Spine and Wellness Center, patient care is our number one concern. The human body is both complex and delicate and each person’s body reacts to an injury in it’s own unique way and our therapists design specific treatment programs to meet your individual needs. All of our patients receive hands on treatment from our therapists and each patient is also educated on injury prevention and self care. In striving to provide the best care that we can, our staff frequently attends professional seminars and continuing education to offer our patients the latest and most innovative treatment procedures and techniques. Patients at our clinic range from pediatrics to geriatrics and athletes.
Patients ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics and athletes of all levels are treated in our facility for sports related injuries and athletic enhancement. We commonly treat cervical and lumbar disc lesions, cervical and lumbar radiculopathy, whiplash injuries, TMJ disorders, shoulder impingement, rotator cuff injuries, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, ACL knee reconstruction, patella femoral syndrome, ankle injuries, plantar fasciitis and several other musculoskeletal disorders.
By combining the expertise of several healthcare disciplines you can achieve the ultimate rehabilitation program you deserve. Some of the treatment and modalities used at our facility include:
- Customized Therapeutic Exercise programs
- Manual Therapy techniques
- Mckenzie Back Protocol
- Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Cervical and Lumbar traction
- Intervertebral Disc Decompression Traction
- Ultrasound Therapy /phonophoresis
- Joint and Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Massage Therapy Techniques
- Core stability training
- Gait training
- Post-isometric inhibitive stretching techniques
- Manual resistive exercises
- Myofascial release
- IDD Therapy™
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Balance training/re-education
- Yoga exercises/postural exercises
- Computerized Web based Home exercise programs