Rehabilitation Services Edison, NJ
If you recently suffered an illness or injury, your doctor may have recommended rehabilitation services Edison, NJ residents trust. Rehabilitation can help you return to your normal life and resume your everyday activities. While rehabilitation takes a lot of hard work and commitment, the end results make it worth it.
Common Types of Rehabilitation Therapy
There are several types of rehabilitation services, each designed to treat certain issues. Here is some further insight to these therapies:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy Edison, NJ residents count on is designed to restore strength, movement and stability through targeted exercises. It’s for individuals who are experiencing pain or difficulty moving from an injury or illness. In addition to exercises, physical therapy may include heat and cold therapy, casting and cardiovascular strengthening.
- Occupational Therapy: This type of therapy focuses on restoring a person’s ability to do everyday tasks, like taking a bath, eating or cleaning the house. It may be necessary to make certain modifications to help patients complete these tasks. Occupational therapy may be beneficial for patients of all ages, from children with physical disabilities to people who have suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- Speech Therapy: Speech therapy provides treatment for individuals with various speech problems, such as fluency problems, aphasia, articulation issues and cerebral palsy. During this type of therapy, therapists may use several tactics to help improve speech, such as language drills and articulation therapy.
How to Get the Most Out of Rehabilitation Therapy
Whether you have suffered a sports injury or had an illness, rehabilitation therapy is an important part of your recovery. Here are some helpful tips on how to get the most out of rehabilitation services in Edison, NJ.
- Set Goals: Before you go to your first rehabilitation session, you should figure out what you want to achieve from the treatment. Whether it is to return to a sport or get around the house without pain, your goals will help decide the course of treatment.
- Be Patient: The number of appointments you require will depend on how severe your illness or injury is. Some people require only a few sessions while others may need 20 or more visits to make a full recovery. If you require many sessions to treat your condition, try not to fret. Practice patience and recognize that attending all these sessions will be worth it in the end.
- Follow Your Therapist’s Advice: Depending on your condition, your therapist may ask you to do exercises on your own at home. While it is easy to just skip these exercises and do something more fun, it will not help your recovery. Be sure to follow your therapist’s recommendations to get the most out of your therapy.
If you are dealing with an illness or injury, give some consideration to rehabilitation services in Edison, NJ at Northeast Spine & Wellness Center.